Please adhere to the following submission guidelines when submitting your horror selfies:
- Only selfies related to horror, dark fantasy, and/or the occult will be accepted.
- Horror Selfies must include a message (i.e., not just an individual’s photo). Messages can be: a written or printed sign, writing on hand/body (no nudity, please), of holding up the poster’s favorite horror book or DVD. Get creative! Visit the gallery for great ideas and examples.
- Horror Selfies may promote: other authors and/or their works (horror poetry, nonfiction/fiction horror, YA horror), films, television programs, plays, games, horror cosplay, writing horror/dark fantasy/occult, horror conventions, literary festivals, official Horror Writers Association events, Halloween and similar festivals (e.g., Dia de Los Muertos), libraries, and literacy in general.
- Hate speech, political or religious comments, and anything deemed to be pornographic in nature will not be accepted. This is a family-friendly campaign, which includes the promotion of literacy among children and young adult.
- Self-promotion (e.g., holding up your own book; a sign promoting yourself, your website, or your blog, etc.) will not be accepted. We’ll handle that for you with the information you provide when you submit your Horror Selfie.
- Exception: Those attached to wide-release films and/or television programs may promote their projects via Horror Selfies. In fact, we encourage it!
- The Horror Writers Association has the right to refuse acceptance and/or publication of any Horror Selfie it deems inappropriate.
- If you have any questions, contact: email@example.com