All comments posted to HorrorSelfies.com are subject to the rules below. If your comment doesn’t abide by these policies, it may be deleted or edited by site staff (“edited” to mean the deletion of only offending portions of the comment).
Note: Every person’s first comment is moderated to help prevent spam. And site staff reserves the right to disable comments on any or all posts at any time in their discretion.
- No flaming or hate speech. Comments may not attack or insult individuals pictured in or submitting selfies, the HWA, site staff, other visitors and commenters, or any group of people for any reason.
- Comments should be family-friendly. A part of the mission of the Horror Selfies campaign is to promote literacy among children and young adults, and we expect discussions to remain appropriate for those audiences.
- If your comments are self-promotional in nature (such as promoting your own books), have little substance (eg. “Great post!”), are irrelevant to the post or conversation, do nothing but try to incite arguments, or appear to be designed solely to get links back to your website, your comment might be rejected as spam. If you repeatedly engage in this behavior, you may be banned from future commenting at HorrorSelfies.com.
- If you use a keyword-rich handle rather than a name when commenting, it will be assumed that you are commenting solely for SEO reasons, and your comment might be rejected as spam. (eg. Posting under a username like “Free Horror Films Online” rather than a name or pseudonym clearly representing you as an individual will result in deletion.)
- If you include what we deem to be a spammy, or otherwise inappropriate, link with your name, we may delete your comment (or we may approve the comment but the delete the link).
- You may not include signatures in your comments. This is when you add your name and a website to the end of a comment. The only form of signature allowed is the linked commenter name all users are given. If you try to paste other URLs, the HTML will automatically be stripped and it will not become a live link on the site.
- No HTML is permitted in comments. If you try to add it, it will be automatically stripped out.